Connecting to Oracle XE

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Hello
I really like to try DBLint. However I cannot connect to a Oracle XE 11 database.
Running on Win 7 64bit with .NET 4
I use the same parameters like in SQLDeveloper and the connection test fails.
I get an alert box with the title "OracleException" but without further text.
Is there any place where I can look up which Oracle Exception was thrown?

I have used
host: localhost / 127.0.0.1 / Ip Adress
Port: 1521
Database: XE

I have also tried to connect to a local MySQL database. With that the connection test works, but after connecting, DBLint cannot find any tables.

Thanks for any help
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Hi MarcusDidius,

I will take a look at the XE 11 connection. DBLint was originally created and used on the XE 10, so we might need to update the attached client.

Are you using the V8.1 version that are available for download or the latest commited source code?

Best regards,
Andreas
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Hi,

After a bit debug i can see that the error is, ErrorCode -2147467259 , and it looks like it is becase the embeded client does not match the installed Oracle version. Please try the following:
  1. Locate the installation of the Oracle, e.g.: "C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0"
  2. Find the following three files: "oci.dll", "orannzsbb11.dll" and "OraOps11w.dll" (search for them, since the are located different places)
  3. Go to the folder "x86" in the DBLint tool, and replace the three files with the files found in your Oracle installation.
  4. Start DBLint and try to reconnect
Best regards,
Andreas
Sep 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Hallo Andreas,

thanks for your reply. I have replaced the three files but the connection still does not work.
I use v8.1 downloaded yesterday from http://dblint.codeplex.com/ using the download button.
I would be helpful to be able to see the actual error. I would suggest adding some logging capability.
Do I have to set ORACLE_HOME? I have set it to C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\server

Greetings,

Hans

-----Ursprüngliche Mitteilung-----
Von: aweis <[email removed]>
An: hansrupp <[email removed]>
Verschickt: Mi, 11 Sept 2013 10:07 pm
Betreff: Re: Connecting to Oracle XE [dblint:456517]

#AOLMsgPart_1_94366a91-2b1e-4d41-be28-c787177e08a5 td{color: black;} .aolReplacedBody {font-family: Verdana; font-size: 0.75em;}.aolReplacedBody #ThreadNotificationFooter{border-top: 1px solid #ccc; color: gray;}.aolReplacedBody #ThreadNotificationPostBody{Margin-Bottom: 2em;} .aolReplacedBody pre {font-size:1.25em;}
From: aweis
Hi,

After a bit debug i can see that the error is, ErrorCode -2147467259 , and it looks like it is becase the embeded client does not match the installed Oracle version. Please try the following:
  1. Locate the installation of the Oracle, e.g.: "C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\11.2.0"
  2. Find the following three files: "oci.dll", "orannzsbb11.dll" and "OraOps11w.dll" (search for them, since the are located different places)
  3. Go to the folder "x86" in the DBLint tool, and replace the three files with the files found in your Oracle installation.
  4. Start DBLint and try to reconnect
Best regards,
Andreas
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])
To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Hi,

Okay, I stille think it is somehow related to the Client and Server versions, but the error that you get (if it is the same as i can recreate), do not have an actual message, so there is not really much to display :)

By getting the dll's from the installed server, is was able to get an actual connection error (because my users are not correctly working) but at least the was a connection to the server.

I did not do anything about the ORACLE_HOME path, so im not sure. It might take a bit more digging to find a solution, if the updated client won't work.

Best regards,
Andreas